Monday, September 27, 2010

My Research Interests by Now

Mostly thanks to the Quick and dirty review of 2005-2009 JEE paper reading assignment, and also my previous and current learning experience, I am locating and shaping my research interests:

1. engineering major does necessarily make an engineer. Engineering students' career decision (mostly for Inquiry course, inspired by my personal experience and an article from LICHTENSTEIN, JEE 2009)

2. active-learning, e-learning, online-learning, all about digital revolution (inspired by nanoHUB, and Michael Wesch's video, and the digital revolution), this is what I will research into for a long period in the future.Learning on Virtual Organizations.

3. engineering epistemology. daily narratives of engineering faculty, industry practitioners, senior students--> junior, freshman. and the public. narratives are often very different from what is written on publicity materials, and often have invisible huge power, which may be negative and harmful to the public image of engineering.(inspired by my personal experience and a brilliant paper by dear Dr. Alice Pawley drawing against the NAE Changing the Conversation report). If possible, if I have opportunity, this will also be what I will do in the future for a long period.

No comments:

Post a Comment