Sunday, February 6, 2011

Game Layer on Top of Social Network Layer

I am increasingly astonished by how significant things we could achieve by harnessing the power of people around the world collaborating online.I am increasingly believe the power of social media. Now there's a totally new layer is going to be built on top of the social networking layer, that is, the game layer.   

I grew up being told that playing games is a waste of time,that all I need is just study, study, and study. Now, I begin to recognize the power of games in learning, and in many other things, so I begin to play some games sometimes. I am thinking that probably I need my kids to teach me how to play games to survive in the future world after watching these two videos below.

(1)Jesse Schell: When games invade real life
 
(2) Seth Priebatsch: The game layer on top of the world


No comments:

Post a Comment